Eén platform voor al je testen: The NEST
Test websites, apps of Internet of Things-toepassingen met behulp van ons innovatief testplatform
Testbirds heeft een overzichtelijk testplatform ontwikkeld waarmee je al je testen kunt beheren – the NEST. Of het nu gaat om onze crowdoplossingen, cloudtesttools, managed of self-service, met het platform ben je in staat om al je digitale producten te testen, zoals apps, websites en IoT-devices. De testresultaten worden helder gepresenteerd in een duidelijk overzicht. Bovendien dient het platform als een verbinding met de testers. Het is de plek waar zij testprojecten accepteren en uitvoeren. Als een klant kan je met je testers communiceren via het platform.
Registreer je gratis en probeer ons testplatform nu.
Begin vandaag nog met testen
Waar en wanneer het jou uitkomt – The NEST biedt volledige flexibiliteit voor je self-service projecten. Schaf Birdcoins aan in het platform, en zet ze vandaag nog in om een test te starten waarmee je de kwaliteit en gebruiksvriendelijkheid van je digitaal product verbetert.
1. Schaf Birdcoins aan
Birdcoins vormen je credits in ons flexibele testplatform. Registreer je account, log in en schaf Birdcoins aan.
2. Selecteer je test
Volledige flexibiliteit met Birdcoins – Kies uit 21 verschillende testservices in de categorieën Quality Assurance, Usability & UX en onze eigen Testbirds Exclusives.
3. Start je test
Start je test en onze crowd van meer dan 300.000 testers wereldwijd staat paraat om aan de slag te gaan met jouw project. Volg live de voortgang van de test en ontvang je resultaten real-time. Deze zijn uiteraard te exporteren naar JIRA of Redmine.
NEST Tweets – nieuwe features in ons platform
We werken iedere dag aan het verbeteren van ons testplatform door te werken aan nieuwe features, die het voor jou gemakkelijker maken om te testen. Vind hieronder een overzicht van alle recente ontwikkelingen in the NEST.
- Added features to the Device Cloud noVNC viewer
- Preselect resolution
- Enable beta version for users
- Added machine details
- Added machine media files functionality
- Record videos functionality
- Toolbox actions for mobile devices
- Improved separation of trial and customer VMs
- Extended VM ordering process to use snapshots
- Real Devices
- Improved video stream quality on iOS
- Added iOS 12 support for on premise installations
- Implemented first version of video recording on real devices
- Internal alpha version release for Device Cloud noVNC viewer
- Released Windows 10 1809 update
- Installed .NET Framework 3.5 on all Windows 8 & 10 versions
- Updated on-premise setup to support most current macOS version
- Real Devices
- Released new version of the Android Connect app
- Added sideloading prevention on GRDN devices
- Improved hideaway logic for apps blocked by device contributors
- Option to upload an APK file to a real device
- Visual improvements and interactions
- Fixed guiding info on the dashboard for a new client
- Improved keyboard inputs on Android emulators
- Fixed mouse pointer issues on most current macOS
- Further steps in realizing Selenium cloud proxy (which can be integrated as remote WebDriver into automated tests directly), namely user identity handling
- Real Devices
- Integrated Firebase for better crowd support and device monitoring by tracing stability metrics, stacktraces, device usage, etc.
- Improved stability of device-backend-communication
- Extension of GRDN documentation
- Added chatbot service
- Launchpad (dropdown user switcher) for the Nest signup pages and for the Nest
- Static content for the Nest signup pages
- Fallback Nest login
- Changing context services in the Nest
- Real devices
- Improved data model to reflect device attributes and specifics more accurately
- Improved service management which allows more detailed insights into running services (e.g. Selenium nodes) on our VMs
- Improved device and session expiration timeout handling
- Detection of aborted test cases to improve handling of subsequent test cases
- Integration of new WebVNC version including several bug fixes, improved web view performance, better special character and keyboard support
- Small fixes and improvements on Device Cloud virtual machines
- Remember me functionality activated by default
- Data country prefilled in the invoice
- Real devices
- Improved device clean-up on iOS devices
- Enhanced test session monitoring and accounting
- Upgraded app to Android 9.0
- Advanced filters on GRDN dashboard list
- Improved VAT validation
- Download a specific recording on the video recording list
- Emulated Android 9 devices are now available and we also improved the Android emulator for all versions
- We extended our documentation to explain the Recording of Automated Tests and the Recording of Manual Tests in more detail
- Client users can now take notes in the Nest
- Improvement of the media files page, corrected pagination, file status label
- New Device Cloud packages with unlimited automation minutes and real devices also in smaller packages
- New design for the Device Cloud packages page
- We created new tutorials on using the TeCh API and the TeCh Selenium Proxy in our documentation
- Videos and screenshots are automatically deleted after 30 days and videos are limited to one hour per single video
- If a coupon was applied, the discount is shown within the invoice
- Crowdtesting: Faster process of buying BirdCoins when being within Self-Service form. Now you get directly to the order detail page with the missing amount of BirdCoins pre-selected. After successful payment you get referred back to the Self-Service which was created before. Finally, you can submit the Self-Service form for the quality check of our project managers.
- Virtual Machines and Emulators can now be recorded on video, either by using the record button on the viewer or in automated tests
- To use video recording in automated tests, please upgrade the TeCh Selenium Proxy (Changelog) or TeCh API (Changelog) to the latest version
- A new media section shows downloaded screenshots from VMs and emulators as well as manual or automatically recorded videos.
- Filter by media type
- Search by VM name
- Order by newest/oldest VMs
- Real devices
- Improved naming of Real Devices: The new device names are easier to understand and more unified.
- Accept the permission to get personalised offers by us on the email subscription page. If you agree – we’ll sent you personalised BirdCoin offers, free trials and exclusive event invitations via email.
- New payment method: on account/invoice. BirdCoins or Device Cloud packages can be bought by invoice. We trust our clients to pay their bill within 14 days, therefore the BirdCoins or Device Cloud package is directly available after purchase! The purchaser will receive the order confirmation and the invoice as PDF via email. Additionally, the invoice PDF is also sent to the invoice email address.
- Client Admin profile: Super admins can now block other admins without the need to enter invoice address.
- Test – Bug List: Search/filter for bugs by “created date”. Use greater and less options to use for a time frame. Use the format YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM or the shown one in the column of the created date.
- Our TeCh API for Java has been upgraded to use Selenium 3.11 by default without any further configuration, but it now also requires Java 8 to run. Read more in our API changelog.
- Similarly, we also released the TeCh Selenium Proxy with Selenium 3.11 enabled by default and now also requiring Java 8 instead of 7. Read more in our Selenium Proxy changelog.
- You can continue to use previous versions in case you need support for Selenium 2 or Java <8. Please let us know if you can’t upgrade.
- Real devices
- Easily copy & paste text from the local desktop into the real device. To paste the device don’t forget to click on the input field within the real device and hold it until the context menu appears to allow pasting the text.
- Disconnecting a device will only last 5sec.
- Manage your team within a crowdtest! A client admin account can now add or remove members from a crowdtest of the existing team. If a team member does not have an account yet, just go to the team page to create an account and then add this person to the test.
- Selenium 3.11 is now used if seleniumVersion=3 is specified in the ini. It is also compatible to older client drivers, so there is no need to upgrade to a Selenium 3.11 client.
- Improved Android skins and newer Android versions are now available for emulated Android devices.
Further improved the stability of emulated iOS devices.
- Real devices
- Rotate a device or re-size it to fit in your screen. Both features make it possible to use a real device much more easily. Sometimes the options are disabled due to the device or the app not supporting this functionality.
- Please agree to our new privacy notice after you have logged in.
- Further smaller UX improvements on the dashboard.
- By scrolling down the crowd tests on the dashboard, more tests are shown (before it was limited to the last 10 tests).
- The TestChameleon™ Selenium Proxy is now released in version 0.9.5. The changes are listed in the Changelog.
- We now support Russian and Hungarian keyboard layouts on Windows and Mac OS X VMs.
- Newer iOS device models have been added to our list of supported devices.
- Windows 10 1803 and other updated software versions are now available.
- Payments: Download your invoices for each done payment, also on recurring contracts via top menu > orders.
- Real Devices
- Overview list: The filter for state selection “available” includes now also real devices, which are used within your team
- Real device view: Take a screenshot of the current device view, e.g. when you found a bug, you can download the screenshot of it easily. Please note: you must allow a pop up to get redirected to the image. The image itself must be downloaded to your own device separately.
- Simulated iOS devices: iOS version 9 to 11 are now available with an improved look and feel.
- Selenium test automation: Version 0.9.4 is out with improved VM management and timeout settings.
See https://confluence.testbirds.com/display/TED/Setup from our documentation for details.
- Dashboard – tab Device Cloud: View the new design for your running virtual machines to understand the state and use actions in a clearer way
- Team page: Create much faster accounts for your colleagues – click one button “create member” to add an external/internal member
- Real Devices: Viewing a real device has a new layout for intuitive usage of the device including the functionality to shake a device! Just make sure, you know in which app the shake gesture can be applied.
- Buy your BirdCoins now with online bank transfer by Klarna (former known as Sofort transfer) – available for clients in Austria, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Netherlands and Spain
- New Card Layout in your Dashboard – more overview on your running tests
- See now in your test overview which members of your team have access to the test Device Cloud
- Connect to a real device while your automated test runs and watch the test cases executing
- New Test View: Now all members of your team are shown on test view optimizing transparency who has access to the test.
- Optimization of Service Overview View
- Find easily the service for your current needs with the new service recommendation on your dashboard
- You can now buy just a min of 25 BirdCoins!
- Select a tester based on a tester province in your Self-Service Crowdtest!
- Bug Tracking Light – manage your bugs within your team after the Crowdtest is done. Just assign bugs to your developer to fix the issue and set it to “done” – no external bug tracking tool needed
- Added new software versions of major operating systems and browsers
- Possibility to upgrade your test cases to Selenium 3 using our latest APIs (0.3.43 and above) or Proxy (0.9.3). Follow our API changes here: https://confluence.testbirds.com/display/TED/API+changelog
- Crowdtesting service recommendation: This new feature is the first step in re-doing the client dashboard. Helps finding the necessary test configuration much easier.
- Comments/Notifications: clients will now also receive report/reference comments notification via email in case option “allowed to write comments..” is defined.
Dashboard – Action center: we keep changing the clients dashboard incrementally. This time we moved the open tasks and alerts to the right sidebar. This way a client can better recognize that he has to take some actions or keep him informed what is going on.
- Self Service: provinces can now be selected as a tester constraint after a country was selected.
- Test – bug view: the two options for Bug Tracking Light feature (state of assignee and assignee) are now shown in the bug list.
Bug Tracking Light implemented – This feature has two simple functions:
- Assigning a bug to someone (clients and PMs added to the test)
- Defining an internal bug state, we call it “state for assignee”.
This way you can pre-filter bugs before exporting to JIRA or work in a small team to get them done – no JIRA needed at all. You can find the information in the bug view of your account. An email notification is send out to the person who was assigned to the bug.
Optimization in Crowdtesting Features
- Declining a bug will require to fill in a reason as a comment.
- Bug view: link to testers reference page is now placed above bug data. This way you can check tester profile data or you see the context the tester was testing in.
- JIRA export: bug title will now include also the Nest ID. This way a client can find the bug quickly in the Nest or improve the communication to Testbirds PM.
- Credit Card payment now available! Buy your BirdCoins or Device Cloud package with VISA, Mastercard or American Express!
- Define in your email notification settings the type of emails you would like to receive. Access it via the top right menu > email notifications.
- More flexibility in your Self Service with up to seven device slots.
- In BugAbility™ you can define e.g. two different OS versions on each device type, smartphone, tablet and PC to make sure you have the diversification you need.
Device Cloud – powered by TestChameleon™
- GRDN (Real devices): Check out the country of a real device now.
- GRDN: Report a device in case you have troubles.
- GRDN: Using real devices you can now lock or unlock the real device as you need it.
- Mobile emulators can be now better controlled with the new control bar. E.g. you can turn up/down volume, rotate, toggle keyboard and more!
- Certificate page got slightly improved and shows the date until your certificate is valid and you can just disable a certificate if needed.
Good to know / Tips & Tricks
Team Management: In the top right menu you can manage your own team, so also your colleagues can access your crowd test or test on the devices.